California Families Grow Healthy with WIC
WIC is a nutrition program for Women, Infants and Children. You may qualify if you are:
- Pregnant, breastfeeding, or just had a baby; or
- Have a child under age 5; and
- Have a low to medium income; and
- Live in California
Newly pregnant women, migrant workers, and working families are encouraged to apply.
WIC provides nutrition education and health Information, breast feeding support, checks for healthy foods (like fruits and Vegetables) and referrals to medical providers and community services.
You may qualify for WIC if you receive Medi-Cal, SNAP (Food Stamps), or CalWORKS (TANF) benefits
To Schedule an Appointment:
Enroll early! Call today if you are pregnant, have an infant or children under age 5:
Tel. #: (510) 471-5913
- Union City: 32970 Alvarado Niles Rd. Ste 760 Union City, 94587, M-F, 8:30-5:00 pm
- Fremont: 3845 Beacon Ave. Ste. A, Fremont 94538, M-Th, 8:30-5:00 pm
- Hayward: 22331 Mission Blvd. (2nd floor) Hayward, 94531, M-F, 8:30- 4:45pm
- San Leandro: 16110 E. 14th St (2nd floor), San Leandro, 94578, M,W,F, 8:30-4:45 pm
What to bring for your first appointment:
- Proof of Income for Household: Medi-Cal card; latest paycheck stub; unemployment, disability, or Social Security benefits letters; or paperwork from CalWorks, etc.
- Proof of Address: mail, utility bill, or rent receipts, etc.
- Identification for each person applying: Driver’s License, California ID, Social Security card, Green Card, crib card, hospital or birth certificate, medical records, or school ID, etc.
- The child or children you want to enroll
- Medical information filled out by your provider or child’s provider (helpful but not required for the first visit)
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.