Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is a supplemental nutrition and education program that helps families to stay healthy. WIC serves women, infants and children up to five years of age. Foster parents or legal guardians and migrant families with children below 5 can also apply.
WIC provides nutrition education, breast feeding support and referrals to other community services. Participants receive checks for healthy food items that are very important sources of nutrients for optimum growth and development, especially for children and expectant mothers during the early part of their pregnancy. They can get vegetables, fruits, eggs, beans or peanut butter, milk, cheese, cereals, whole grains, juice, and formula.
WIC follows gross (before taxes) income guidelines. Working families can also apply. To see if you are eligible, take a look at the income guidelines (para español, clic aqui).
To Schedule an Appointment:
Call (510) 471-5913
- Union City: 32970 Alvarado Niles Rd. Ste 760 Union City, 94587, M-F, 8:30-5:00 pm
- Fremont: 3845 Beacon Ave. Ste. A, Fremont 94538, M-Th, 8:30-5:00 pm
- Hayward: 22331 Mission Blvd. (2nd floor) Hayward, 94531, M-F, 8:30- 4:45pm
- San Leandro: 16110 E. 14th St, San Leandro, 94578, M,W,F, 8:30-4:45 pm
What to bring for your first appointment:
- Proof of Income for Household: latest check stubs, unemployment records, disability, Social Security, papers from CalWorks, etc.
- Proof of Address: mail or any utility bill, rent receipts, etc.
- Identification for each person applying: Driver’s License, California ID, Social Security, Green card, crib card, Hospital or Birth Announcement, Medical records, School ID, etc.
- The child or children you want to enroll (must be present)
- Medical information filled out by your provideror child’s provider (helpful but not required for the first visit)
WIC Pediatric Referral Form (to be completed by child’s health care provider)
WIC Referral for Pregnant Women (to be completed by health care provider)
WIC Referral for Post-Partum/Breastfeeding Women (to be completed by health care provider)
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.